Special Educational Needs and Disability School Offer


Ward Green Primary School is an Inclusive School with a strong belief that all children should be valued, treated with respect and reach their full potential.

The school strives to ensure that the provision for all our pupils is of the highest possible standards, whilst acknowledging that we are continually improving our practice.   We firmly believe that by working in partnership with parents/carers and adults beyond school, our children will get the best possible care, support, education and opportunities in order to ensure a successful transition into adult life. 

Every child is an individual and has individual needs that will affect their learning.  Sometimes children need special support to give them an extra boost or to help them catch up with other children of the same age.  They may need this support for a short time or a longer period, but during this time they will be part of our Special Educational Needs Register and we will monitor their progress, look carefully at what special support they need and keep in close touch with parents.

Within school, Mrs H Jones is our Special Educational Needs coordinator (SENCO) she can be contacted via the school office or by telephoning the school on 01226 286510.  Our Special Educational Needs and Disability Governor is Mrs K Littlewood.

Click here for our SEND Policy 2018/2019

Click here for our SEND Information Report 2018/2019

Click here for our SEND Parent Guide and Code of Practice Information

Click here for the SEND Code of Practice 2015


For more details about what we can offer children with additional needs click on the links below.


What is SEND?

What is a disability?

What should I do if I think my child has special needs or a disability?

What happens if my child has difficulties with learning?

What are the different types of support available for children with SEND at Ward Green Primary?

How is extra support allocated to children with additional needs?

What interventions does the academy deliver, and how could they support my child’s progress?

What is a statutory assessment?

How will my child's learning needs be assessed and their progress monitored?

How is Ward Green Primary School accessible to children with SEND?

Who are the other people providing services to children with an SEN in this school?

How will we support your child when they are leaving this school? OR moving on to another class?

How will I be kept informed of my child’s progress?

What emotional and social development support do we have for our children?

What is a CAF?

What should you do if you feel the School Offer is not being delivered or meeting your child’s needs?

What is the Local Offer?